• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Whats the right one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sky Rider

Sky Rider
Reaction score
G’day to all you dedicated real areoplane people.

I have been reading a lot of posts on Pitts and never
realized there were so many variations, I looked at a <a href="http://www.davidbishopaviati&#111;n.com/media/thumbnails.php?album=7" target="_blank">Bishop
Pitts S-2S</a> this looks like a
single hole Pitts, and I always thought S-2 designated two place, see pick
bellow.

20091019_025852_normal_100_2326.JPG
This one appears to be owned by a farmer and has screwed his wind mill onto the engine, it may not pump much water but I’ll bet it can pump some adrenalin, can anyone give me an explanation and maybe how the numbers work? S1,S2, B, C, S models etc.Now I know this is goin to sound a bit lame but, what would be the best for speed, moderate aeros (I’m getting on in years) but with grunt, and I’m now wondering what is the performance of this little beast with the wind mill would be like like.I have had a previous reply to a question last week, about what I was looking to buy (our dollar is still going up) and a Steen Skybolt entered the ring with a round engine, now I can’t make up my mind.

Latest posts

Back