• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Which engine for a Pitts S1-S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrislange

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I am thinking a lot about which engine would be the right one for my project. I am building a S1-S and try to keep it as light as possible. My original plan was to go with an O320 with a wooden prop and without electricity (No alternator and Starter). So the way to go would be with a pressure carb.
I was wondering which of the many different versions of the O320 or O360 is the best for an acro plane ?
Should I go for a 320 or better a 360 ? My opinion is that a 320 and a light airplane should be enough to have some fun šŸ˜

So my main question is which versions of these engines are the best or which modifications have to be done to them.
Plan is to search for a used engine (maybe with propstrike or out of TBO) and overhaul it by myself with the help of a friend.

Thanks for your answers
Chris

Latest posts

Back