• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Which Parallel Valve Lycoming Cylinders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bipedream

Registered Users
Reaction score
Do folks have a strong preference on new Lycoming, ECI, or Superior cylinders for parallel valve Lycomings?

I'm aware of the past AD's on ECI and Superior. Lycoming has had their share with other components too.

I may be looking at overhauling a wide deck O-320-A2C (7:1 compression ratio, 150 hp) in the not too distant future, depending upon how things go with an engine that has been idle for a bit. I'm hoping the oil analysis comes back okay after the first 15 hours, but I'm trying to be ready if it doesn't.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back