• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Wing Ribs. QC check please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LorenMay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is my third rib for a Hatz classic. I assume the small gaps aren't a big deal. My understanding is that it is the gusset that really carries the load and the sticks can just jut in there and not have to actually make a tight fit, although that is what I am shooting for more or less. So far all three rib profiles are the same when I hold them up to each other which is the ultimate goal I suppose. I also have just a fine line of glue squeeze-out onto the inside surface of the gusset so I assume I am using enough T88 without using too much.

I am happy as long as Im making something that is structurally sound and that they all basically match. I'll go for the gold lindy on the next one! Thanks all!

Loren

Attachments

• Rib pic 2.JPG
    Rib pic 2.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Rib pic 1.jpg
    Rib pic 1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back