• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Wobble pump vs Electric pump / Weight reduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldenAgeAir

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of putting my Eagle on a diet. Carbon fiber is the plan of the day. I'm looking for other possibilities to lose weight. I'm worried about the light weight cowls and my Whirlwind prop shifting the CG even farther aft. Carbon fiber seats and floor should help. The battery is already on the firewall.

Looking at things in the back to lose and I see the wobble pump and the long fuel lines. the other concern is actually using that pump if I needed to.
I'd like to hear feedback about how many of you have switched to an electric pump.

Oh, and the obvious weight reduction in the back is me, I've already lost 20 pound!!!

Thanks,
Paul
www.DoughertyAirshows.com

Latest posts

Back