• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wood Sensenich 74x58, Raven Tailwheel, B&C Oil Filter Adapter

Kevin91

Registered Users
Reaction score
Sold my S-1C so I no longer have a need for these items. The prop is a 74x58 pitch and was on the plane for less than 10 hours. I absolutely loved this prop but the aluminum Sensenich that came with the plane matched the paint scheme better, so I removed it before listing the plane. The B&C oil filter adapter was also on the plane for less than 10 hours, but I didn't like the look of the cowl top used to accommodate it so I deferred to the previous configuration (It includes a Vernatherm plug and oil temp probe adapter, $45 from B&C). The Raven tailwheel is brand new, never installed.

Sensenich W74EM58 - Pending

B&C Oil Filter Adapter (BC700 Model) - Sold

Raven Locking Tailwheel (4" Model) - Sold

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

Last edited:

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of clearance issue did you have with the B&C? I'd be interested if it will clear my cowl.

Kevin91

Registered Users
Reaction score
What kind of clearance issue did you have with the B&C? I'd be interested if it will clear my cowl.
Neil, I can snap a pic of the upper cowl piece we formed to accommodate the height of the filter, just let me know (still got it in the basement). It was so close to fitting without the cowl bump that I actually flew it once with some painters tape on the underside (which revealed some rubbing). We were very conservative with the bump height since I figured the conical mounts would have a fair amount of deflection when pushing inverted. If the upper portion of the cowl was a half inch higher I would've got away with it.

wally

Reaction score
If he doesn't take the prop, I am very interested!

Wally (wallypop at hotmail)

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Checked my cowling clearance against the B&C drawing and I don't have room for the filter. guess I'll have to have a remote style.

pittscondor

Reaction score
I have a similar oil filter kit on my S1C. You can buy an K&N filter at autozone that is very small and will allow plenty of cowling clearance. Just thought I would let others know if that is the reason it's not selling.

Oil Filter Adapter 4.jpg

bikeaddict

Reaction score
I have a similar oil filter kit on my S1C. You can buy an K&N filter at autozone that is very small and will allow plenty of cowling clearance. Just thought I would let others know if that is the reason it's not selling.
Do you have the K&N Part number? I bought the adapter