WOWEEE !

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Randy, Aug 28, 2018.

Help Support Biplane Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Sep 1, 2018 #21

Gcgallagher

Gcgallagher

Gcgallagher

Asport, we cheated, as my brother had already booked the room and had a spare bed. We intended to camp, but after getting in late the first night after a airline fiasco we couldnt find a camp spot and just crashed with him. The rain ruined the night after and by that point we were pretty well moved into UW and decided just to stay there. The drive was further than expected but I grew to enjoy the drive. Nice neighborhoods, and a few restaurants we enjoyed.

2. Sep 1, 2018 #22

Dennis Flamini

Dennis Flamini

Dennis Flamini

i flew into the conventions in Rockford, IL and a homebuilt into the first one in Oshkosh in 1970 and the last one in 2018 also.
    The traffic was bad unless you planned to move when everyone else was not. The Ripon arrival was a mess, we stopped at Hartford for fuel and an RV6A from Houston was fueling up after circling from Ripon to Fisk for 2 1/2 hours. Yes it has grown...look in the mirror for the problem.
    Still the best flyin, airplanes and people anywhere and thanks to all who make it possible.

3. Sep 1, 2018 #23

asport22

asport22

asport22

The reply from Mr. Wierzbinski was nice - not just a form letter. I do wonder though - do you think they only get a handful of letters if someone at that level has time to read them all and individually reply to each one? I sent an e-mail to Robert Armstrong, IAC president, a while back, and got a reply from him. That wasn't too surprising, given that there are only about 4000 IAC members. But the Camp Scholer attendance must easily be 10 times that, and overall Airventure attendance (unique individuals, not the total gate) is probably 50 times that. If they really only get a few e-mails/letters, maybe an e-mail has more impact than I would have guessed - and maybe a lot more than the comments in the survey. So, I'll send an e-mail too.

Warren