• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

WTB: Pitts minus engine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie_Pilot

Reaction score
Hello all!

To make a long story short; I have a very nice AEIO-360 that is begging to be ran and a pilot that needs to fly it. I have a Pitts S1S project. S1T wings, an S1S fuselage, Wolf cowl, spring steel gear, squared-off rudder, and a whole other bunch of goodies. The other half that was helping me complete the airplane has passed and I have neither the time nor experience necessary to complete the project.

It's been my life-long dream to own a Pitts (a flying one). For now, I've lost hope in seeing the one I have finished anytime soon.

So my mind started going and I've seen some very reasonably priced S1C projects and others that simply need an engine bolted to the front of it and that's it. I thought I could at least get to flying and maybe work on the other one in my spare time throughout the years or do something totally different with it. But I need to fly a Pitts before I lose the interest.

Do you guys/gals have or know of any Pitts S1C/D/S/T projects that are mostly (90%+) complete minus an engine? I've found 2 projects on BarnStormers. One for $5,500 and one for $3,500. These are both in my price range but I wanted to come to the BiPlane Forum to see if you guys know of any?

- Okie_Pilot

Latest posts

Back