• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Pitts S1

Trace18101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a Pitts S1S or S1C. I do not plan to do competition aerobatics and I tend to do mostly positive G maneuvers so an S1C would be fine but if the right deal came along for an S1S I would jump all over it. I am located in south Alabama just north of Pensacola and looking to buy ASAP. The closer the better. Just sold a plane and this money needs to go before my wife finds it! I can be reached on here or my cell 3049728704 via txt or call.

Tomcat

Reaction score
Are you looking for a nice flying example of either model or would you be okay with a bit of a project airplane that you can work on and fly at the same time? I may have a lead on an S-1C in Wichita that’s more on the project side.

Skippy

Registered Users
Reaction score
The Acro exploder email district list might also be a resource to find a lead on a plane. I’ll text you the link

Piloto

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consider this biplane: Your wife will love it, as you can take her to Sunday breakfast; it can do wonderful acro up to the Sportsman level, and is so easy to land that it will make you look like a hero every time.
It comes with a case of special Chianti, made by friends in Italy in honor of the very same airplane.
PM me if interested.

Attachments

Trace18101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consider this biplane: Your wife will love it, as you can take her to Sunday breakfast; it can do wonderful acro up to the Sportsman level, and is so easy to land that it will make you look like a hero every time.
It comes with a case of special Chianti, made by friends in Italy in honor of the very same airplane.
PM me if interested.

Could you tell me a little more about it? I can be reached at (304) 972-8704 if you would rather just talk to over

DeatZ

Supporting Member
Reaction score
PM me if interested.
Details?

Trace18101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all that responded. I ended up finding a skybolt at a very good price and went that route. I’ll one day eventually own a Pitts But for now the skybolt will have to do

Latest posts