• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

WTB: Pitts S1C or S1S

Tectweaker

Reaction score
Looking for sometime (Had found one through a referral on this forum but the seller had me wait and then sold it before I ever saw it :) ) so looking again...

Let me know if you have something - I have looked barnstormers.

Prefer something closer on the west coast ...

Dennis5678

Registered Users
Reaction score
What are you looking for inna Pitts S-1 ?
the range is wide from a 85hp or 100hp light weight fun sport biplane
to fire eating dragon with 200+hp with all the latest mods.

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Danny Bond just put a S1C project up on Barnstormers for $2000. It’s worth that just to avoid a bunch of welding.

Dennis5678

Registered Users
Reaction score
Didn't respond to my questions.
What are you looking for. Low powered fun S-1-C or the other end of the spectrum a all out fire breathing hot rod?
Also are you looking for a flying Pitts or a project?

Tectweaker

Reaction score
Good questions - I already have two other planes so just looking for a fun light s1s or s1c. Can't do a project right now - only considering a flying plane.

Bond007

Registered Users
Reaction score
Danny Bond just put a S1C project up on Barnstormers for $2000. It’s worth that just to avoid a bunch of welding.
Thanks for the plug Eric A,but iam parting it out.I got tired of tire kickers thinking they could fly it home.
Danny 007

Latest posts