• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Pitts S2B/C

Delaplanet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm Looking for a decent, certified Pitts S2B or C model in Northern California. My budget probably puts me more firmly in the S2B camp (currently budget about $100k). I'm a Starduster Too owner and I've got about 30 hours of S2B/C time. Lemme know if you know of or have an airplane you're thinking about selling -

Hoagy
Oakland, CA
[email protected]

Delaplanet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still looking, everyone....any nice S2Bs out Cs out there? :cool:

Delaplanet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, Brooks!

How is that airplane? Is it in decent shape? I'll call Jason and ask about it, he doesn't have a price listed.

When are you coming out to NorCal to fly the Starduster with me? :cool:

Hoagy

brooksmershon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, Brooks!

How is that airplane? Is it in decent shape? I'll call Jason and ask about it, he doesn't have a price listed.

When are you coming out to NorCal to fly the Starduster with me? :cool:

Hoagy
It is decent. I don't have any other S2 experience. It is a working plane that flew straight and rolled dead straight. It ain't the prettiest but it is a working plane after all. It is certainly a nice enough plane. I'd be proud to fly it if I could afford an S2B.

I'm guessing it is all about the engine work done to it and the ability to get it for a price that makes sense for what it is.

Delaplanet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm SO EXCITED. I'm like a kid on Christmas eve. I'm also BROKE NOW 😳

Are you still going to ferry this yellow Starduster from Northern CA? I'm supposed to check you out in it. It's owned by a good friend of mine.

brooksmershon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhh yes I am, but we were waiting on ADSB that seller is supposed to install and smoke from the wildfires. Likely to be done first thing in October since we missed a scheduling window.

Didn't realize that is you! Looking forward to seeing you soon. Congrats on new toy.

Boulder turned IFR (or damn near) over the last few hours from the smoke that I believe is coming from Montana. Crazy times.

I must have skimread and missed the last reference you made to the Starduster. Small world!

Delaplanet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can check in w/John on ADSB (I thought he installed it months ago, actually). Yes, the wildfire smoke is terrible here in NorCal also. I was flying today, actually (in a DA40, not a Starduster) and it was probably 5 miles vis around the airport where the yellow Starduster is. I've owned a Starduster for the last 10 years - it's a really sweet airplane. It will feel like a kite compared to the Skybolt or Pitts. Anyhow, you have an email from me somewhere - [email protected] on a thread where the buyer was discussing logistics.

brooksmershon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can check in w/John on ADSB (I thought he installed it months ago, actually). Yes, the wildfire smoke is terrible here in NorCal also. I was flying today, actually (in a DA40, not a Starduster) and it was probably 5 miles vis around the airport where the yellow Starduster is. I've owned a Starduster for the last 10 years - it's a really sweet airplane. It will feel like a kite compared to the Skybolt or Pitts. Anyhow, you have an email from me somewhere - [email protected] on a thread where the buyer was discussing logistics.
Ah yes thanks. I'll reach out when the plane is ready to go so we can do a checkout and go fly. I had a few concurrent projects up in the air during those correspondences and was waiting to hear the plane was at least cleared to fly!

Sounds like it is a healthy plane. Plan will be to break up trip into the first part being getting it to Boulder.

Brooks

Latest posts