• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

WTB: S1S or S1T in top condition (pref red/white classic paint scheme)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdm

Registered Users
Reaction score
hello:

i'm *still* looking for the one to buy, having started looking in May. i've been beaten to the punch on two gorgeous ones, dang it. i admit being picky - i'm looking for a good 1st IAC competitor (thu Intermediate) but i want an airplane that is visually stunning as well. i've always wanted a classic red/white starburst Pitts, so that's what i'm looking for now. for some, i know that low weight is what they're after, but i need one that is pleasing to the eye, inside and out. i really loved the S2C I flew at Tutima; from what i've seen, the S2's tend to have higher quality fit and finish than most home-built S1's, but I live in Van's Air Force country and having seen some gorgeous RVs *know* that home-built AC can often be higher quality fit/finish than cert AC. i'm trying to find one.

bonus points for 3-blade prop, SS ailerons, or other performance enhancements to increase climb, roll rate, etc.

ps - there's a pretty Ultimate 10-200 on Barnstormers that looks interesting, but a) I dunno enough about Ultimates to know whether to run to it or away from it, and b) it doesn't satisfy my lust for the classic Pitts red/white. that said, it's the same blue/white/red competition paint scheme as the Tutima S2's, which I also really like.

-- jdm

N4087H
Portland, OR

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back