• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Waco UPF-7

JRC413

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hello, Im new to the forum and new to the biplane world in general. I am jumping in to the biplane world head first coming from a background in general aviation and a career in the airline world. I own a Cessna 172 now but Im in the market for a Waco UPF-7 and hoping to find something with low time and turn key for the most part....and don't forget nice looking. I have a good friend that owns a ZPF-7 and I love the Jacobs engine on the vintage models If I could find one in my budget...but the Jacobs engine isn't a deal breaker. Just hoping someone knows of something on the market maybe outside of some of the mainstream sales sites. Let me know...Thanks!

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 205% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the club, JRC 413!

wzm

Reaction score
Are you already a member of the National Waco Club, or is your friend? There are four UPF-7s in the newsletter this month. The cheapest is a $42,500 project, and the most expensive is $166,000. If not, I'll send you a photo of the ads.

JRC413

Registered Users
Reaction score
Are you already a member of the National Waco Club, or is your friend? There are four UPF-7s in the newsletter this month. The cheapest is a $42,500 project, and the most expensive is $166,000. If not, I'll send you a photo of the ads.
I have paid for the membership and sent them my info but I haven't received access to their forum yet. But Im sure that will bring a wealth of options and tips though. Thanks

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
JRC You might try calling the WAAAM Museum in Hood River Oregon

The Western Antique aeroplane and Automobile Museum adjacent to Ken Jernstedt Memorial Airport Hood River Oregon

And Talk with Judy Newman 541-308-1600 They have had numerous antique airplanes donated to the museum over the last several yrs, so many they had to build another building to house them all, last time I talked to Donna one of the principals she told me they were not going to be able to take many more! So they might have some idea of one that might be available. Dave

JRC413

Registered Users
Reaction score
JRC You might try calling the WAAAM Museum in Hood River Oregon

The Western Antique aeroplane and Automobile Museum adjacent to Ken Jernstedt Memorial Airport Hood River Oregon

And Talk with Judy Newman 541-308-1600 They have had numerous antique airplanes donated to the museum over the last several yrs, so many they had to build another building to house them all, last time I talked to Donna one of the principals she told me they were not going to be able to take many more! So they might have some idea of one that might be available. Dave
Great idea, thanks for the tip

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a pic of the ZPF-7? I grew up with a guy that had a ZPF-7 here in OKC. Last time I saw it a Elliot Weiss owned it. Silver and blue. Love Waco’s and especially the ZPF-7 with the canopy.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW I’d contact Radial Engines LTD here in Oklahoma. They are the Jacobs gurus and I bet if any were for sale or might be soon they might know. Ask for Steve Curry or Caleb Curry.

wzm

Reaction score
They (Radial Engines) actually have a UPF-7 for sale, it's got history, but it's also a project. JRC413 isn't interested, but someone else reading this might be.

JRC413

Registered Users
Reaction score
Have a pic of the ZPF-7? I grew up with a guy that had a ZPF-7 here in OKC. Last time I saw it a Elliot Weiss owned it. Silver and blue. Love Waco’s and especially the ZPF-7 with the canopy.
It is silver and blue "bluebird" is the nickname of the plane. The current owner is a friend of mine, David White, here in Edmond. He has owned it now for a few years. Amazing airplane for sure.

JRC413

Registered Users
Reaction score
BTW I’d contact Radial Engines LTD here in Oklahoma. They are the Jacobs gurus and I bet if any were for sale or might be soon they might know. Ask for Steve Curry or Caleb Curry.
Thanks, Ill do it

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
David’s doesn’t have a canopy on it does it? Maybe his is a UPF-7 with a Jacobs conversion? Anyway, awesome plane. I see him and Blake (the Red Continental Radial powered Starduster Too owner) flying all the time. I’m trying to get mine done so I can join in on the fun. Be cool have the Radial Starduster Too, Ranger Starduster Too and two Waco’s to go do formation fun with. BTW I thought David’s was for sale? Or was that to appease the wife? ;-)

The ZPF-7 I got to mess around with and fly with the owner was owned by Joe Rosell (spelling ?) He was a Wiley Post staple for years and years. Every Saturday. He was a attorney/judge etc etc and wore demin shirts and flew biplanes and rode Harley’s on weekends. Very nice, cool guy. Unfortunately riding his Harley is what killed him...no helmet (not sure it would have mattered) crash (the other guys fault) killed him. I think his plane went down to Texas. It’s a good one and a real ZPF if it could be bought...

Last edited:

JRC413

Registered Users
Reaction score
David’s doesn’t have a canopy on it does it? Maybe his is a UPF-7 with a Jacobs conversion? Anyway, awesome plane. I see him and Blake (the Red Continental Radial powered Starduster Too owner) flying all the time. I’m trying to get mine done so I can join in on the fun. Be cool have the Radial Starduster Too, Ranger Starduster Too and two Waco’s to go do formation fun with. BTW I thought David’s was for sale? Or was that to appease the wife? ;-)

The ZPF-7 I got to mess around with and fly with the owner was owned by Joe Rosell (spelling ?) He was a Wiley Post staple for years and years. Every Saturday. He was a attorney/judge etc etc and wore demin shirts and flew biplanes and rode Harley’s on weekends. Very nice, cool guy. Unfortunately riding his Harley is what killed him...no helmet (not sure it would have mattered) crash (the other guys fault) killed him. I think his plane went down to Texas. It’s a good one and a real ZPF if it could be bought...
I know Blake as well. I think your right about Dave’s. I’m still learning the differences in these things...slowly. I think he has considered selling his at some point unfortunately it isn’t for sale today. My cousin, Sid Emmert probably knew him I’d say. He passed away several years ago but had a Stearman at Wiley post. I’m in his hanger now at Wiley post.

Latest posts