• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Digging Into the ASII "Quickbuild" kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asport22

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally, after about 25 years, I actually did something to the Acro Sport besides move the box around. Naturally, I immediately ran into something that puzzles me.

The butt ribs on the center section have grooves cut into the bottom capstrip to accommodate the front attach fittings. Is that normal? I don't see anything about it on the drawing, but those aren't highly detailed drawings anyway.

In the process of looking through past threads to see if I could find an answer to this, I was disappointed to find that I couldn't see the pictures in Smizo's build thread (part 1 - didn't check the others). Is that just something I'm doing wrong? I don't have the same goals, skills, or tooling he does, but I was still counting on getting a lot of useful information from those threads.

Warren

IMG_1402.jpg

Latest posts

Back