• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Do brands matter for tire tubes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My S-1S came with Aeroclassic tubes and they have been leaking slowly. The left one I had to replace as soon as I got the plane home b/c the leak was pretty bad. I replaced it with the Michelin Airstop tube and since then, have not had to add any air at all.

For the last 2 weeks the right one has developed a slow leak and I'd need to add more air after about every 3-4 landings or so. I was going to get another Michelin, but they are out of stock, so I installed a new Aeroclassic. After I finished putting everything back on, I realized I forgot this nut that goes on the base of the valve stem (see photo). Is this important? Would not having this on be a potential cause of slow leaks?? Looks like the previous owner didn't install these nuts either. I run my tires at 24psi.

What tubes do you guys use and do you have problems with slow leaks?

Attachments

• 6ca6427c-2fa8-43c2-895c-224c483aea48.jpg
    6ca6427c-2fa8-43c2-895c-224c483aea48.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back