• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Firewall Styles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grum.man

Reaction score
I got another deal on an S1C, this is a complete airplane that I hope to fly for a year or two before restoring it. It's ugly but it was a much better head start being a complete airplane than my other C. My other C has a firewall shape that looks identical to the Steen plans that came with the other two projects. My s1s and this new C has a slightly different shaped firewall. It's flatter across the top with shaper radius in the corners. I haven't had a chance to pull dimensions but I can only assume these were done to better fit the cowl around the engine. Any idea where the dimensions for this style firewall would have come from? Maybe a difference in Steen vs Aviat plans or purchased component. All three airplanes were built in the mid 70's.

Latest posts

Back