• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

For Sale: Hartzell Spinner and Stock Eagle Gear Leg Fairings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got some stuff left over from my Eagle build.

First, I've got a Hartzell polished spinner for sale. This came off of a Pitts S2A with the Hartzell prop. I bought the prop and spinner a few years ago. Prop had an "A" hub so rather than pay for the upgrade and overhaul, I bought a Whirlwind prop and sold the Hartzell, but I kept the spinner because I had plans to mount it to the Whirlwind hub. I wanted polished aluminum, not fiberglass. I found out about Spectrachrome so I don't need this spinner anymore.

Anyway, the spinner is in great shape. The backing plate has a crack in one of the doublers, which is shown in one of the pics. I was going to simply replace this doubler. In the interest of full disclosure, I believe that Hartzell recommends against any type of repair to spinner backing plates.

I have a copy of the logs from the prop that this came off of. Best I can tell, it's got about 1400 hours on it. I can send a copy of the logs to interested parties.

I'll take $250 obo for it, shipping included to anywhere in the continental US.

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927416.808946.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927427.078022.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927437.895961.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927491.198209.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927454.196474.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927472.264029.jpg

I've also got a new set of stock Christen Eagle gear leg fairings. What you see in the pics is what you get. I bought these from Benny Davis for $100 a couple years ago. I'll take $100 for them and I'll cover shipping anywhere in the continental US.

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927676.246979.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927686.944217.jpg

Latest posts

Back