• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

How to get good at aeros?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrowlinson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can advise....

I went from flying my TBM and Saratoga earlier in the year as the kids are older and don't want to holiday with their dad.

So I bought an RV-7 in Feb and have about 130 hours in it. I do basic Aeros but it's not responsive and with no inverted systems inverted flight it's impossible. It's zippy though for getting around. I have about 15 hours of Aeros in it. Prior to this I had no Aeros apart from my training in the bulldog to get the rating.

So I bought an eagle on September 5 and have about 20 hours and 12 hours of Aeros.

My manoevers are getting better and more precise as my confidence builds. I just wondered what the progression is from loops, Cubans, slow rolls etc and how long it takes to get good? I suppose it's just practice and more practice but any advice would be welcome.

Thanks again

John

Latest posts

Back