• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Radial Skybolt - upper wing strut and sway wire brackets ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 220.45% completed
Reaction score
I thought I had this figured out... but it looks like I don't.

Below are photos taken from the Radial Skybolt plans.
- side view of the fuselage showing location of brackets "A" and "B"
- shot showing where the struts and sway wires attach (forward view is a little confusing as to whether -80 goes from top front to lower back, and lower front to upper back, or just side-to-side)
- number of sway wires (not shown here)
* (4) of -80 (length 46")
* (2) of -81 (length 37 1/2")
* (2) of -82 (length 27 5/8")
- -70 and -73 are struts
- shots of bracket "A" and bracket "B"

From what I see with the number of sway wires, I need to have a bracket similar to bracket "B" up at station 0-0 instead of bracket "A"

Are any other biplanes set up with an upper wing attachment similar to this?

swaywiresoverview.jpg

sideandfrontviewsways.jpg

detaila.jpg

detailb.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back