• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Selling my S-1D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know I've went back and forth on whether or not to sell this airplane, and I've changed my mind a lot because like all of you, I absolutely love my Pitts. But I think it's just time to sell it and move on to other things.

This airplane was originally built as an S-1C in 1965. Over the years it's had a few different engines and it's been re-built a few times. ALL logs are present. Most current re-built was in the 90's. I don't think there's a single original part left on this airplane! Somewhere along the line it was converted to a D model, and now has a 180hp Lycoming IO-360 with around 1,200 hours.

Price is 44,900k.
Contact Mark at: [email protected]

Latest posts

Back