• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Small Biplane for display

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a friend call wanting to hang a small biplane in his newly (under construction) showroom for his Auto body / Street Rod business . I had sold him a Model A Ford Streetrod last year and could tell that he was flashing on my Smith projects . Not willing to let one of mine go , I told him that I might be able to locate what he's looking for . He wouldn't know the difference in the different designs from the erra of the tiny biplane invasion so I think a Mong , Baby Lakes , Smith or something in that catagory would work out fine . A Pitts would be ideal but the priceing of the breed would most probably scare him off . I will most likely be deeply involved in makin this happen so something with the cover still on , in decent condition that could be repainted etc. I have a lot of pieces and parts like cowlings , nose bowls , and odds and ends to make a nice piece to display . I'd rather see someones efforts from the past be displayed for public viewing than rot , rust , or decay and vanish . He has folks from all over the country stopping in on a daily basis and they bring their families . We never knows when that Aviation spark will develope into a lifelong encounter , sure has him calling me to help make it happen . I don't know what kinda budget he is considering but it has my attention and I'd like to see it come together . If anyone here knows of anything pushed back in a corner and would like to see a new protected life while being preserved in history , post what ya know . This is not a money maker for me , I just would like to be a part of interesting things happening in my community and in the aviation world . Thanx for listening . šŸ’

Latest posts

Back