• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

SMITH MINIPLANE N116U

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of our members posted recently , pictures of this red Smith , and I believe that he stated that his uncle had built and flown it to Oshkosh . He also mentioned that his uncle had been inflicted with , I believe Polio . I knew that I had taken a pictures of his plane and even had the opportunity to talk to him about it . That was almost 40 years ago and I cannot remember the conversation but I can remember thinking that he was one of the nicest guys that I had talked to there at the OSH . I had my Smith at that same time but never had it there . I also remember being really impressed that he accomplished this with hurtles that most of us cannot realize . This is the only picture that I could find but I know that I had
Oshkosh Mini-Plane.JPG
taken more . If I find later , I will post . Also , I cannot remember the year but it was between 1980 and 1987 . Love the old pics.

Latest posts

Back