• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Special II information?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraJ

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
One of the things about me, both good and bad, is that I'm a compulsive researcher when I'm interested in something. I'll read anything I can get my hands on: manufacturer's specs, builder logs, flight reviews, idle speculation, wild-ass rumor-mongering, etc.

The thing is, I'm coming up kind of empty-handed on the Ragwing Special II. It's looking more and more like the kind of plane I'd like to build (back in 2007, I grew steadily convinced I was going to build an Acrosport II, but eventually gave up on the idea in the face of economic projections). But there's just not a lot out there about it.

I've found Roger Mann's ragwing.net page, obviously. I've found the one builder who's put together any kind of web presence (the Raglands-RW26-Bipe page). I've found a handful of images, and a couple of outdated references to X number of planes completed (2, in 2007). All this leads me to wonder, is the RW26 a design I should be avoiding? Does it have problems that everyone else recognizes inherently and I'm missing?

(Quick refresher on what I want: low-n-slow, two-place, mode-C capable, reasonably lightweight, 500+ lb payload, reasonable price, reasonable build time, smallish engine -- four-stroke, VW, Corvair, R2800, Jabiru 2200/3300, Rotax 912, etc., ideally trailerable.)

I'd appreciate your thoughts on it, O great minds of the Biplane Forum.

Latest posts

Back