• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Stewart glue and acetone based fabric filler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Gentlemen,
I’m restoring an old AS2 and it comes the time to decide the covering; it’s my very first job.
I’ll use StewartSystem, or 3M-30NF Fastbond, for glueing but still have some doubts for weaves sealing, priming an painting.
I like Ss because of easy job, the absence of toxic substances and easy cleaning of stuff; I’m doing the job in my home’s basament, just the fuselage in the hangar for space reasons.
Problems with Ss is that it takes long time to have the materials (I live in Italy and Eu distributors are much more $$ …€€, better); not their fault but long trip, custom, delivery, etc.
That’s why I’m thinking to fill and prime with usual acetone based products (there’s a dealer just a few miles from home) and, in case, I’ll solve the problem of toxic fumes.
My question is: is Stewart glue compatible with that kind of products or do I risk to have the fabric detached?
That would a bit… let say, embarassing.
Thanks for suggestions and happy winds to everybody

Latest posts

Back