• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Acro Sport II wheel pants and tire size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I received my wheel pants from Wag-Aero today and was looking at some tire size options. I have the 1 1/2" axles so I am stuck with a 6" wheel. The option would be to use a 15x 6:00x6 tire which is almost 3" shorter than the standard 6:00x6 tire. The shorter tire would weigh a little less and allow me to get the faring way down over the tire to get the best benefit from the wheel pant. Also I'll be able to close up a lot of the opening on these wheel pants. I have Cleveland drum brakes fitted so there is no brake caliper hanging out to deal with, just a brake line.

The Wag-Aero pants are good quality but heavier than the RV or James wheel pants. Looks like they could take some abuse. I'll try to weigh one tomorrow.

IMG_6615.JPG

IMG_6618.JPG

IMG_6617.JPG

IMG_6541.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back