• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Andy's Acrosport II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0220.jpeg IMG_0222.jpeg IMG_0221.jpeg IMG_0223.jpeg

Good evening and season's greetings to all of you on the Biplane Forum.

I have after much prevarication commenced my Acro II build. As I have stated in other threads this has been a lifelong ambition and it feels great to have finally made the first component.

Firstly, public thanks to Dennis Flamini the "information" you gave me a year ago has proved invaluable and without it my project would never have started. Many many thanks.

I could not possibly start a thread on Acrosports without acknowledging the wealth of information available on Smizo's Acro, this is a beautiful aircraft, the quality of the build sets an amazing standard and the thorough documentation of the build is far better than any book of instructions or manual. I have dipped in and out of these threads extensively and will continue to do so. So thank you.

It is great to see Chiru's Acro evolving, there has been some activity on his thread recently so it looks like that build is progressing again. I gather Chiru has made available various CAD/CAM files to the Acro building community so thank you for your help, inspiration and expertise. Good luck with finishing your aircraft.

So I have built a couple of wing jigs, one for the upper, one for the lower. I have cut up a load of 1.5mm ply into small pieces and cut some Sitka Spruce into strips. I have finally produced my first rib!

One small step!!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0222.jpeg
    IMG_0222.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 70

Latest posts

Back