• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Aviation/Aerobatics Podcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wminear

Reaction score
So in this century we are doing things differently, I remember listening to talk radio with my dad listening to a couple guys talk about repairing cars. I could have listened to that show for hours.

I have a few podcasts I listen to and it seems that everypodcasting kid out there has a private pilots license and 60 hours total time. I have watched some of their YouTube shows and I'm extremely annoyed when someone gets an aviation great on and asks them newbie questions.

A friend and I would like to start a podcast (which is like an am radio show you download to your phone to listen to.) which is centered around aviation/aerobatics/IAC aerobatics. We are both IAC flyers with vary little experience and we would like to share our journey through the learning process similar to a build thread.

I have a Pitts and my other cohost has a one design so we kinda cover good vs evil there... (Obviously biplane is good.) Is anyone interested in some part time co-host time? I'm thinking 2 shows a month...

For show topics:
Discuss the lineage of the Pitts or any popular design and how the progression was steered from an S1C to S2S and S2C...

The lineage of the extra...

Interview someone who has a huge background in the sport...
I.E.
pittsdriver68 and how he got into the hobby and skydiving...
Kevin Kimball and how he got to the end game of Kimball Enterprises...

To me I would love to hear an audio version of these stories.

One of the other podcasts I listen to which is about a sport/hobby, the hosts discuss what they did to their aircraft this week. Did they buy anything? Did they fly? What did they work on? Just like a quick 10 minutes of what's up. I enjoy hearing this and the struggles others go through. I feel more connected to the hosts when I go through the same struggles.

I would also like to do news of what's new and going on in the industry..

I am also looking for suggestions of both show content and show format?

I have not discussed being affiliated with anyone, but I would definitely not object to being affiliated with an organization like IAC or EAA. Just like any of us crazy people that fly these kind of airplanes we have unique personalities and I do plan on having some humor incorporated in the show(quoting aviation themed movies, Top Gun.. Cloud Dancer... I do also plan on keeping the show rated PG13 if at all possible.

Any suggestions other suggestions? Good idea? Everyone in podcasting talks about how to make money doing it. Really not wanting to get bogged down by commercials and sponsors.

Latest posts

Back