• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Been flying the wing off the new Eagle lately! A Few Questions!..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly9r68

Registered Users
Reaction score
Man guy i cant say enough how much fun im having with the new bird. Most of you have seen my post here and there so you know i got a 1992 Eagle 2. Has a brand new Barrett motor on it and 800Hrs on the plane itself. before i even flew it myself i went through a whole Basic Acrobatic course and spin course which i finished up this week!:D Now to go and just get good at the maneuvers. Over the next couple weeks ill be doing a few things to her. a new smoke system, and changing the flop tube.

FEW QUESTIONS.

Those of you whole do acro in the eagle do you have oil pressure and fuel issues when knife edge?

when i do my very slow roll, when i get to Knife edge the Op is a ton lower then normal, once i get inverted its back to 70-75 PSI. also when im in my knife edge to the right rolling out my Fp starts to wobble alot and the motor even cut out during training so we didnt do anymore of them till i figure this out. I will be replacing the Flop tube with the new one from Aviat this next week, but im just wondering if this is common. Also when in the knife end the oil system burps alot of oil out the breather. and i have to put some oil in the motor after doing a very slow roll or knife edge for a long time.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back