• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Convert Starduster 2 to Acroduster 2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willy

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this forum and found lots of very interesting information for a Biplane newbie like me. I am 40, own a Hawk XP on floats along with an Ultravia Pelican that I just finished and has floats and wheel skis. I have a bit over 1000hrs in the last 20 or so years. I am looking for my next project and found that it would be very interesting doing some acro… So I started looking for project for sale and first thought about Christen Eagle as I really like this plane for its look and capability but there is not much of them for sale as project. So I started looking for Skybolt which seem to have more project for sale but came across lots of Stolp Starduster too projects for sale at decent price. I also know that the basic Starduster too is not meant for serious Acro so I was wondering if there was an easy way of converting a Starduster too into an Acroduster too? Anyone here done it before or know of anyone that has done it? I would like to know if it is feasible and what’s involved, again it would not be starting from a flying plane but from project with rolling fuselage but not covered or finished wings.

Thanks.

Eric.

Latest posts

Back