• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Difference between-"Baby-Super baby-Buddy"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingfool

Reaction score
I understand the super is "beefed up" and the buddy has two seats (well sort of).

But what specifically are the differences. ie; what is actually "beefed up" in the super baby for example. Are the wing span and lengths etc different? between the super and buddy etc.

Those types of specific differences. THe plans prices are quite different so there must be some radical changes rather than simply amendments to the original plans to alter the baby to make a super or buddy.

I'm thinking that a single place made from the start Buddy would be nice but I don't know if it would give up performance (specifically aerobatics) over the other models.

I would anticipate powering with the C85/O-200 or straight O-200. Possibly a Lycoming O-235.

I was not able to find a baby lakes at Oshkosh this year or the last couple of years.

I always thought that the pilot sticks too far out of the airplane and a dedicated single place buddy would allow for the seat to be reclined and a little more turtle deck etc to allow the pilot to be better protected in the event of an overturn on its back. Possibly even raising the upper wing an inch or so as well.

Latest posts

Back