• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Elect Tail Dragger Tow Bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have plans for building an inexpensive electric tow bar . I am thinking about buying one of these Ground Support Tow Bar For Scott Tailwheel | Aircraft Spruce

And a single tire with with a 3/8 drive 90 degree Milwaukee elect drill, the tire size and the way of attaching it to the tow bar is the question. There are several DIY videos on U tube, but thought I would ask as I think several on the forum have done something similar. My problem is getting my Starduster Too in and mostly out of the hanger, as it is a bit up hill, and as I have gotten older pushing the airplane out and up hill has become more difficult, didn't use to be that way, but then I was not 80 yrs old. Dave

Attachments

• Drill.jpg
    Drill.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Towbar Tail Wheel Scott.jpg
    Towbar Tail Wheel Scott.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back