• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

ENGINE QUESTION

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardegg

Reaction score
A quick update before my question- I was laid off after 25 years with the same co a year ago this last August causing the flying lessos to come to a screaching halt. Went back to work 8 months later with competitor. In the mean time flght school had gotten rid of the decathlon I was learning in and the instructor had referred me to that facility. Presently looking for something closer to home and possibly cheaper.

And

Sorry to have to pass on I’ve crossed over to the dark side – yes decided to go topless but construction type and possible weather exposure plus having the wife sitting beside me rather than behind or in front me factored into the decision. The prop and engine were non factors as both planes use the same combo.

Which brings me to the subject of this forum:

I’ve been reading about this Titan engine continental puts out. Supposidly roughly designed on the lycoming engine with same power as the O-360 but 20 pounds lighter.

Has anyone looked at or considered this option?

I’m curious to here pros and cons from you guys that actually know what you are doing.

Latest posts

Back