• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Expermental Engine in Canada

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerobat

Reaction score
Hello all new to the forum and just wondering if anyone can help me make sense of certified engines and experimental. I no the obvious difference just wondering exactly what can be done when it is experimental. I have rebuild my own car engines and I am comfortable working on a lycoming. Of course i would have all the proper instruction manual etc. i plan on possibly building a skybolt (my real love is pitts s1s but i do love the skybolt, i also need to be able to cross country and love being able to take 2 people up). On to the question if i do my own work on an aircraft engine, what do i need to do to legally fly with it exactly. I have done alot of reading but i am having a hard time figuring it out especially since I need to know the rules in canada (Where i live). I lot of stuff i find is more toward USA. Any info would be awesome.

Latest posts

Back