• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Farewell, Seamus McCaughley

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CKeller

Premium Member
Reaction score

Seamus McCaughley was an extraordinary person. He flew the "Bleagle", the Blue Christen Eagle that thrilled many spectators in airshows around the Southwest. Seamus modified and tweaked and upgraded the Bleagle until it was perfect and sounded unreal. His airshow performances were tight, exciting, and fun to watch.
Seamus and his girlfriend Kristen were killed when his C-180 crashed shortly after takeoff from Santa Paula airport (KSZP) this past Sunday evening, 3 July 2011. News stories reported that the aircraft sufferedsome sort of engine distressand struck power lines over the wash west of the airport. There was a post-impact fire.

Although Seamus was not a regular contributor to this forum, I suspect many here knew him and are also saddened by his passing. He loved his Eagle and loved working on it. He'd just finished a major restoration this past winter and was starting to perform at air shows again.

Seamus was my friend. Though I did not see him daily, we talked often about my engine overhaul. He had just moved to SZP and lived above his two aircraft in a hangar apartment. He quickly became part of the close, active pilot and aerobatic community at SZP. He will be missed by many there who are still reeling from the loss of another well-loved aerobatic pilot, Vicki Cruse.

Fair winds to you, Seamus.

20110705_150844_Bleagle.JPG

Photo by Darin Moody

20110705_150910_Seamus_McCaughl.JPG

Photo by Gregory ColyerEdited by: CKeller

Latest posts

Back