• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Florida Midair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis5678

Registered Users
Reaction score
Thought about you guys flying down to Lakeland when I saw this in the news:
EDGEWATER, Fla. - Two people are dead following a crash involving two planes in Edgewater Saturday morning, the Edgewater Fire Department said.

Officials said two small planes collided near I-95 south and mile marker 244 around 8:45 a.m.

Edgewater fire officials said two pilots were killed in the crash. No other injuries were reported.

The Florida Highway Patrol said the incident did not cause any issues on I-95 in either direction.

The Volusia County Sheriff's Office is assisting Edgewater police with the crash.

A woman who said she witnessed the crash shared what she saw on social media.

"That was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed. Very bad," the woman wrote.

The woman said she was driving on I-95 and saw multiple planes flying together when she saw two of the planes collide.

"Watched two hit, debris flying everywhere, watch both go down right next to us," she wrote.

Sounds like there were a group flying down together for Sun&Fun

Latest posts

Back