• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Fly Wire Pins - Rosette Weld

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottly

Reaction score
Ok, here is a pic of post rosette-welding. I drilled a 5/16" hole, centered, on each side of 1" tubing. I rosette-welded this piece centered on the smaller pin. I then used my die grinder with a green Roloc sanding disc to sand and shape weld so that the tubing maintains 1" OD. My welds have no voids in them, allowing for a nice finish. See pics:

20070502_184208_Picture_080.jpg

20070502_184142_Picture_081.jpg

20070502_184105_Picture_082.jpg

Latest posts

Back