• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Flying an EAA Biplane?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've about completed the assembly and minor restoration of my EAA Bipe and am ready to contact my A&P for it's inspection....

Please, some pointers on it's take-off/flight properties.(125 horse) I've done highspeed taxi up to about 50mph and find it's ground handling very good. One thing I find somewhat "odd"? On initial throttle application/take-off roll, it take almost full forward stick to get the tail up? Maybe this is normal but as I recall my Pitts(150/S1C), I was able to get the tail up almost at once. I've done high speed taxi in Glen's AcroSportII up to about 60mph and found the same to be true of it. I suspect this is normal and these aircraft just are not a Pitts and I need to do it different... I just don't want to find something "odd" after I'm committed to flight..

I'd like comment and suggestions on take-off technique as I approach my first flights in both aircraft.

Thanks,

Jack

Latest posts

Back