• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Four FAA Guys in unison, "YEA RIGHT"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was working on my franken engine with torque wrench in hand when I noticed movement behind me. I turned around to see four guys standing around the Spezio outside, which I had just flown. One of them said they didn't want to interupt something important. I said I was done with that task.....

Anyway the leader said they were from the Baltimore FDSO and just stopped by after paying a visit to the other two public airports in W. Md. I say, "Hey I was just going to call you?" That's when at least 3 maybe all 4 said,

"Yea Right!":rolleyes:

I explained to them I was serious, that I was installing a new engine and needed a contact for going back into Phase 1 testing. One of them offered me his card saying "I'm your guy." He is the Principal Maintenance Inspector.

All around nice guys. They held their distance from my stuff, no nosing around while we hangar flew for an hour or so. Only thing interesting was their mostly agreement on a general shift in GA maybe not for the best, at least not for dinosaurs like me. As far as my issue of returning to phase 1 we will see. He knew all the people I delt with on both airplanes. He hinted that my op-limitations might be redone according to a new "template". I addressed some of the concerns recently expressed here for instance, if manufacturer has time and/or TBO limits they apply to a E-AB, like have to pull a engine at TBO? He said that was nonsense indeed doesn't even apply to certified part 91 aircraft. He said what he came up with wouldn't be set in stone and I could probably keep my present op-limits.

Again, we will see

Jack

Latest posts

Back