• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Here we go again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navybipe

Reaction score
Last year I wrote the letters, made the phone calls, sent the emails, and donated $$, as many of you did in support of eliminating the 3rd class medical for private pilots. Now I'm reading from EAA and AOPA that...."hey, its a new congress, we sorta need to start all over again" with GAPA. last I heard (from Airventure) the FAA honcho promised something on the street by last November on their rule making version. we don't seem to know where that "effort" is cause its some deep dark national security concern. meanwhile, drone regulation has the fast track. did you see where FAA granted the Arizona real estate guy permission to fly his drone for commercial reasons as long as he had a private pilot's license and a 3rd class medical? I'm thinking that is the product of a local "off the reservation" FSDO but it begs the question.....aren't the feds going in the wrong direction on medical requirements? getting older and more cynical as this b.s. drags on. somebody give me some hope about this.

Latest posts

Back