• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

I covet your prayers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any who are of faith please put in a word for my family.

I was really pumped this morning. The Acroduster 2 had been ready for AWC inspection for a month and I've had FAA/DAR issues. Nothing bad, mostly the FAA inspector my DAR had been working with had retired and I-dotting has become the new norm i.e. the new guy is being careful. Nothing wrong with that but....anyway.

I hadn't been to the airport for almost two weeks and took my paperwork etc to make sure I had it all. My DAR called just as I unlocked the hangar. He had one little thing for me to do and we were good to go for tomorrow. Weather should be good for a few days too. I was a little pumped...at last.

I had no sooner closed my phone and I got another call from my wife Marcia.

She had just received a call from my 36 year old daughter Carla Armor. Her husband Shawn, my beloved son in law had just been killed in an auto accident. He also leaves my 11 year old grandson Adian and my granddaughter 19 year old Harlee.

About 200 miles away. Marcia is just getting there. I need to get help with animals and will finish the airplane and go tomorrow evening......Carla and Adian insist I do the airplane......will probably stay a day, come home and go back.....

I just learned he was going about 40 on a rural road and a trash truck pulled in front of him. Used car and the airbag did not deploy. Seat belt was unlatched and everyone's experience is he always used it. State police were there in 5 min and he was already dead..... State Police are quite interested in the airbag/belt issue, so I'm told. Mostly the bag as there have been issues of stolen or fake airbags in used cars.

I'm here alone with 12 cats, 2 dogs and 2 horses.......

I no longer ask WHY. But wonder about living long and prospering while he had a tough life and is now gone? I do know that God, not being bound by time, sees the beginning and the end......

Mostly I think of my buddy Adian. I'm so glad we spent last Thursday with them.

I also think about the 14 families in Ca. who have also suffered a seemingly senseless loss.....

Thanks my friends,

Jack Carnahan

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back