• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

I want to buy a spinner for my S-1S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickRice

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Mine has been patched in the propeller cut-out areas and I noticed a new crack today around one of the holes where it attaches to the back plate. It's had a little wobble in it for years, so I've decided to replace it.

I didn't pull it off today, so I didn't have an opportunity to measure the diameter, but it's a very stock experimental S-1S that was built from factory parts, with an O-360 and a Sensenich 76-60 propeller.

I'd like to go to a slightly smaller diameter if possible because the current spinner has abraded the starter bump on the cowl. Any thoughts?

Before I call Aircraft Spruce, thought I'd check to see if anyone has one for sale here. If no one has one for sale, does anyone have suggestions for a source other than Spruce?

My brother Jim has an Aymar-Demuth composite prop that he was going to put on his IO-360 Starduster but never did. I can replace the metal Sensenich with it and buy a spinner that will fit the AD prop. Good or bad idea?

Last question. There's normally adequate clearance between the starter bump and spinner, but apparently, I'm guessing during snaps, the cowl moves enough to allow the spinner to rub the starter bump. Is that normal, or is that a sure sign that I need to replace the rubbers in the engine mount?

Thanks in advance,

Rick
[email protected]
901-489-7941

Latest posts

Back