• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Into the fire!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pietdriver

Registered Users
Reaction score
Well after years of talking about, I finally went and bought a Pitts. I looked at lots over the years and have read much of the advice here. Good ones are hard to come buy and it seems lots of guys have stories about all the work they put into them after thinking they bought a "good one". So I decided to purposely start with a bad one! I'll post pics and hopefully start a build site. It appears to be a C fuse with 1 1/2 sets of wings, a dead engine and buckets of parts. One set of wings appear to be sparcraft S wings and are new. The C wings are a bit beat up.....ok a lot beat up. The project has been in the back of a heated hanger in the Midwest for over 25 years, (estate sale). It has a 160 HP 320 out of an apache that was gear up, (prop strike). There are pieces missing for sure, and once I get everything inventoried and inspected ill be hitting you guys up for all sorts of stuff and advice. Seeing as how I will be spending a few bucks on this "fixer-upper", snic, I thought I would try to incorporate as much practical wisdom and mods as is reasonably possible. All thoughts and advice openly welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Biplane Forum

Latest posts

Back