• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Inverted sump fitting

Kelvin Rempel

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for an inverted oil sump fitting with 45 degree swivel for my O-360. Also need 2 aluminum sump bosses.

tdwrv8

Registered Users
Reaction score
You can buy an AN 910 coupling and saw it in half. You now have two female pipe thread boses.

Kelvin Rempel

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Tom! I'm assuming they would be 1/2" fitting?

Last edited:

tdwrv8

Registered Users
Reaction score
1/2” pipe to an-10 fitting for oil lines. I use -8 for oil cooler and -10 for inverted system. At least that’s what we used on my sons Acrosport 2

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
-10 for the lines going to and from the firewall ball valve is correct. The early S-2A's used -8 and it was found to be inadequate. Replaced with -10's on all ships. That plumbing is on the suction side of the oil pump.

Best of luck,

Wes

Latest posts