• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

IO-360 Helicopter Engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found an Acrosport II that I am somewhat interested in, but I found out something aboutit that peaked my curiosity. It has an HIO-360 in it, which came out of a helicopter. The owner said that it was a beefier engine and that its redline was actually 100 rpm higher than a regular IO-360. He also said that alot of aerobatic airplane builders liked these engines for those reasons. I have no reason to doubt him, but I was just curious, and wanting to know more about this. Can anyone comment?

Thanks,
Cameron

Latest posts

Back