• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Jabiru 8 cylinder on a Skybolt ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christoph

Reaction score
Hi all,

how about the 8 cylinder 180 hp Jabiru engine in a Skybolt ?

From what I read itssmaller and lighter than a Lycoming (with slightly less power at the same rpm) and consumes less fuel. In Germany it has a TBO of 2000 hrs, just like most Lycoming...and from what I read it sounds very cool.

The most interesting thing seems to be the price. There is currentlya new engine available in Canada for US $14500 (scroll down for current price).

http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2235

That's about half of a new Lycoming O-360, right ?

Has anyone considered this engine for any of their planes....or am I missing any obvious features of that engine that make it a no-go ?

Christoph.

Latest posts

Back