• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Kevin Kimball bails me out again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac Transtrum

Reaction score
I had painted the red on my Gee Bee fuselage months ago and was getting ready to have the black pinstripe done by hand. I decided to clean the paint line off good with alcohol and to my horror the red came off on the rag. Long story short , PPG Delfleet essential uses a 6 part paint, 1 part activator , one part hardener. Somehow activator was not mixed and it was still soft after months. Not sure how to correct this, I got a hold of Kevin to get advice. The red had to come off and cleaning it off with alcohol and reducer was the recommended way. It took ten times the amount of hours to fix this than the original application!
It’s fixed now and looks nice, but what a pain in the ass to fix! Pretty sure I came up with some new swear words as I cleaned it off. My advice , do it right the first time!
Thanks Kevin!

Attachments

• IMG_7852.jpeg
    IMG_7852.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1578.jpeg
    IMG_1578.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back