• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

looking fo a Narco 120 radio

Sonnydog

Registered Users
Reaction score
A Buddy of mine just bought a Acrosport that has a Narco 120 radio. This one doesn’t work, any chance anybody has one that works that he can buy?? Looking for a easy swap to get him flying.

Thanks.
Jeff Nelson

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I always check EBay for stuff like that...

Sonnydog

Registered Users
Reaction score
there are a few on eBay but not sure of their working condition. Nice to be able to chat with folks here about it.

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Oh absolutely, I was just saying,in case one didn’t turn up here, Facebook has a group for Aviation Parts too. Good luck

Sonnydog

Registered Users
Reaction score
Does the mx-11 fit in the same harness as the narco 120? I believe it may.

pigpenracing

Reaction score
there are a few on eBay but not sure of their working condition. Nice to be able to chat with folks here about it.
If you buy one on ebay and it don't work you can send it back for a refund... You have buyer protection.

PGE2015

Registered Users
Reaction score
From their web site - the MX-11 a direct slide-in replacement for the Narco COM 11, Narco COM 11A, Narco COM 11B, Narco COM 111, Narco COM 111B and the Narco COM 120. The unit will replace the COM 10 and COM 110 when the NAV 10 and NAV 110 are not used in the system. See the owner’s manual for detailed specifications.

1 Albee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot guaranty the MX 11 radio I have. It is in the Starduster one I am rebuilding, and I am planning to install a new Garmin. If you would like send me a PM with your text # or email address and I will send you a photo (it is still installed in the airframe) If you want it send me the shipping, I will send you the radio, tray and harness. If it works out send an additional $125.00
Phil

Sonnydog

Registered Users
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Let me ask my buddy as I know he found a 120 on eBay. I’m sure he would rather have the com you have.

an8pilot

Mike
Reaction score
37D2C6DF-3E7F-4186-AA03-881847ADE71B.jpeg
I'm also looking around for a Narco - 12
But the Narco - 12 I'm looking for is the 3 inch Loc GS unit that has frequency input in the face of the gage.
It had taken me down to 200 and 3/4 before in a pinch.
But stopped working. And now my wife is working at her IFR skills and would like to start showing her. (On to of teaching her in P3D) She's also working on soloing in the Cub too. I got my commercial cert in this plane yeeeeeaaarrrsss ago after rebuilding it and taking care of it as my own since 1995. Just got the airplane back from whom it was sold to in 2010.

I'll get some real radios in the future if she keeps learning but for now, I would just like to get the Narco 12 VorLocGS going in the Navion since it would just drop in if I find one that works on someone's shelf.

Did not know that Narco made so many models that were absolutely different but close to the same model number.
Below picture shows my Narco - 12 which is definitely not a Narco - 12D.

I've looked on eBay. There's a few, but mostly said they don't work. One says it may but that one hasn't returned an email.

Nine 1 two 5 four 7 5477

Last edited:

Latest posts