• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

My new airport office I am thinking about more airplane sales.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigpenracing

Reaction score
What's up guys
Well I have had my eye on a office and hangar a few down from me. The dude that was in there for 15 years just moved out and I got his hangar and office. It is a 17x20 room with central heat and air and faces the runway so I can put a big sign up. We get lots of traffic here at Brenham with the diner and all.
In the past couple of years I sold the S2C, 2 Eagles and the Staudacher. I have sold 12 planes since I have been flying and they were all my planes. I did well on all of them (Except the S2C with damage history. Broke even on that)
I would really like to just buy and sell a few unique or aerobatic planes, those seem to be where the profit is.
Has anyone brokered other peoples airplanes? I have several people local asking me if I want to sell their airplane so they don't have to deal with it. I found a few brokers that charge around the 10% mark and $3,000 minimum. I wouldn't do it any cheaper.
If anyone has experience with this how do you and the seller agree on a selling price? I want to sell for a good price so it will be gone very quick and sellers usually want top dollar and the phone will not ring. Just ran into this with another guy wanting me to sell his 172. I told him I could sell it for $42 and he wanted $50. He hired a broker that said it would go for $50 to get the job. That guy then sold it for $42,000. Dude called me and apologized and wished he would have let me sell it. I guess I just need to tell sellers what the plane is worth for a quick sale and if they don't agree I just won't deal with it right?
Maybe I should just sell my own airplanes and not deal with others, I don't need any drama in my life.
I will probably make a big sign that says:
Pigpen's Hangar
Aircraft sales
Used pilot headsets
979-451-3251 or [email protected]

Any tips on if the broker thing is even worth dealing with would be great. Not sure if any of you guys have done it? Would probably be great with local planes but out of town would be a hassle.

Here is the office so far, just painted and put a new floor in. I have a refrigerator, couch (with fold out bed), love seat, recliner and TV on order. Damn, I forgot a desk :)
It has a restroom and shower around back. My wife wanted a hangar house. Instead she got a hangar room with detached restroom. Lol!

office.jpg

Latest posts

Back