• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

New Firebolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wminear

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am new to the forum, and I just bought a firebolt that is pretty far along. The guy I bought it from wasn't really an experienced builder, and neither am I. I do however fly for a living and understand airplanes pretty well. I also have the help of a friend who has built/rebuilt numerous airplanes and has even won grand champion at Oshkosh, so I have the help I need.
Does anyone know a guy in Florida named Jeffery Trumbell? I was told he was the person who started this project, and may have a few more parts for the plane... I struts, flying wires and things like that. Please let me know if he visits this forum and what his username might be.
I have bought the Skybolt manual on this sight and I think its extremely informative. With the Firebolt fuse being slightly longer, do I need to purchase a set of Firebolt plans? or should skybolt plans work?
The fuse is built, flight controls, wings, and a lot of metal work done as well as a lot of other things. Wings are not mounted yet, so not sure if I can use the firebolt plans for the correct information on mounting the wings.
Thanks in advance.
Wes Minear

Latest posts

Back