• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Of Old Dogs, Daughters and Cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
About 14 years ago we got the girls a couple of Golden retriever pups. They developed a pretty inseparable bond, especially with Laura who was 10 at the time. A few years later, a couple of months before her 15th birthday I bought Laura a Jeep Cherokee and taught her to drive in the cotton fields and pecan groves that are all around here. She took really good care of that Jeep and it took her through High school and College and towed dirt bikes and 4 wheelers.... and hauled dogs. We did loose one of the 2 Goldens to a brain tumor when she was about 6 and she is still missed.

Laura recently decided the Jeep needed replacing. Researched everything on the market that had her interest and fit her projected need and started saving her money. She decided on the Subaru Outback. I think it was a good choice but this is not a Subaru commercial. She ordered the car back in October and we picked it up today. Guess who got the first ride in the new car. Yup Sweetie and 2 of her pups from 11 years ago. Their daddy was a wayward Beagle. And yes, I got to ride in it next.

IMG_7301.JPG

IMG_7305.JPG

IMG_7310.JPG

IMG_7311.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back